If you are dealing with bothersome menopausal symptoms like weight gain, hot flashes, night sweats, and insomnia (just to name a few!), here are some easy tips that you can start to implement in your life TODAY that will help.
Some of these are common sense, but others you may be hearing about for the first time.
AND THAT’S OK! Hey sister, I have BEEN there. I was lost when my symptoms first hit, but one thing I KNEW: I did NOT want to take medications!
I wanted to find NATURAL solutions to my symptoms, so I did the research, and became my own little lab rat in the process! But what I found out was AMAZING, because there are SO many things you can do to ease your symptoms (and sometimes eliminate them!) which are totally natural and easy to do.
Let’s start with just FIVE simple tips that you can do NOW and start seeing relief in as little as 14 days.
YES, I said 14 days!
Now, let’s dig a little deeper . . . Let’s talk about:
- You require less calories at your age
- All calories must count in terms of nutrition.
- Make lunch your main meal
- Lean protein, vegetables, and whole grains
- Avoid eating a big/heavy dinner
- Choose a light salad instead
- Avoid eating late in the day
- No food after 7PM
- Definitely no food within 2 hours of going to bed for the night
- Avoid foods and beverages that are highly acidic/lots of caffeine
- grapefruit, oranges, tomatoes
- coffee, caffeinated soft drinks
- Reduce or eliminate carbonated soft drinks
- Choose filtered water instead
- Just replace ONE soda per day with a glass of water, as a start
- Reduce or eliminate sugar-free foods and drinks with artificial sweeteners
- Do not use any of the above in your coffee, tea, or when cooking/baking
- Be careful of your sodium intake
- 1500 mg per day is the RDA (the size of a DIME!)
- Each morning drink a glass of water at room temperature
- Add the juice of one lemon squeezed into it
- Aids in starting your digestive system back up
- Can boost metabolism
- Drink mostly room temperature water
- Ice or very cold water can cause digestive upset
- Slows down digestion
- Can slow down metabolism
- Get sweaty every day!
- Not a hard soaking sweat
- Just a light layer of moisture is all it takes
- Take a brisk walk each day and that will do it!
- Do short periods of cardio exercise daily
- Walking, biking, swimming
- Avoid high impact if your joints are tender
- Focus on your circulation
- Be sure what you do revs up your heart rate
- Stretch regularly and gently
- First thing in the morning before even getting out of bed!
- Gentle stretches of the neck, back, arms, and torso
- On occasion, do moderately intense strength training
- Again, avoid high impact
- Hire a trainer or seek help at the gym if you are new to weights
- Include relaxation as part of your daily routine
- Meditation and Yoga are perfect for this
- Take a nice relaxing bath in Epsom salt, baking soda, and essential oils
- Use an essential oil diffuser in the bedroom
- Eat only when hungry
- Do not be an emotional eater
- Do not eat when you are bored
- Find something else to do to get your mind off of eating
- Be aware of your seated posture
- Avoid slumping or slouching
- Sit with both feet on the floor
- Keep a neutral pelvis
- Keep your head up and not hanging forward
- Adjust your desk or computer if necessary
- Be aware of your standing posture
- Stand centered on both feet, tall and erect
- Shoulder back
- Head up and not hanging forward
- Be aware of driving posture
- Adjust the seat so that you sit tall, centered, and erect
- Be cautious of slumping or hanging your head forward
- Get enough sleep
- Keep the air at a pleasant temperature
- Keep the air moving with a fan by or over the bed
- Go to bed at a consistent time each night
- Diffuse essential oils for sleep
- Sip cool water during the night if you experience night sweats
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol late in the day
- Relax and unwind in the evenings with a hot shower or bath
- Use a soap that does not leave a film on your skin
- Check the ingredients of lotions, shampoos, and soaps
- Learn which ingredients are potential harmful
- Avoid purchasing products which contain those
- Consider natural personal care products
- Perform daily skin brushing with a firm bristled brush
- This is wonderful for exfoliating, unclogging pores
- Strengthens the lymphatic system
- Plus it feels good!
- Don’t wear nail polish
- Contains harmful chemicals and can clog the nails
- Chose cleaning products carefully
- Check the ingredients for harmful chemicals
- Use natural products instead
- Make your own from recipes found online
- Less stuff and more space can make you feel better
- Decluttering calms your mind and spirit
DISCLAIMER: This guide and any recommendations made herein are not intended as medical advice and do not take the place of medical advice or treatment from your doctor. The author shall not be held liable or responsible for any misuse of this information or any loss, damage or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by any use of this information or these recommendations. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or illness. Please check with your doctor before changing your eating habits or beginning any exercise program. Acceptance of this free offer does not establish a coaching/client relationship absent other agreements with the client to the contrary.